All Muslim faithful across the world celebrate this holy month of Maulud to mark and as well celebrate our beloved prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) has completed his revelations and left nothing behind.
So whatever he did not ask you to do nor his companion command you to do abstain from it.
Celebrating the birthday of prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) is Haram(Prohibited) in islam.when our beloved prophet was alive he didn’t celebrate this day non of his companion celebrated this day after his demise so,why should we engaged ourselves in such act?
Everything that’s important in Islam has been clearly spelt out of the Qur’an and sunnah.
Below are ressons why you should not celebrate maulud.
1. Maulud is not in islamic shari’a (law) it was later introduced by Shia Fatimd of Egypt.
2. Historian differed about the date of birth of prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) some said it’s Ramadan some in Shaban and some in Rabiul awwal.
3. Birthday celebration has pagan root, celebrating birthday is not allowed at all.
4. The holy prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) also said don’t exeg
5. The celebration is neither from Qur’an or sunnah. and anything that is not part of these two can not be part of islam.
6.Prophet Muhammad(s.aw) said,stick to my sunnah and the sunnah of my right guided caliphs(companions) beware of the newly inveted matters, for every new matter is Bid’ah and every Bid’ah is misleading.(Trimidhi 2676)
7. Allah says in suratul Al maidah, verse 3 this day I have perfected your religion for you,when islam is perfect and complete,then who gives you the authority to introduce some new concept in Islam?
8. Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) also said do not exaggerate in praising me”.
May Almighty Allah Grant and blessed us with his wisdom, knowledge, peace and harmony as we celebrate Prophet Muhammad’s birthday. Amin